- Restoring and protecting 500 acres of farmland for the benefit of the community.
- Nearly 10 miles of walking and riding trails navigating the site and beyond.
- Nearly 20 acres of land for Town playing fields and activity parking.
- Master planned residential, retail and commercial elements skillfully integrated into the protected land.
Consistency with Town Plan
- When complete Legacy Farms will generate more than $3,000,000 in net annual real estate tax income.
- It is anticipated Legacy Farms will pay more than $2,285,000 in building permit fees.
- Legacy Farms will spend more than $2,000,000 to restore the previously farmed land to a protected natural state.
- More than $2,000,000 will be spent by Legacy Farms to upgrade the Hopkinton municipal water system for improved quality and increased quantity.
- Hopkinton will have control over the Legacy Farms project through the Planning Board's Master Plan Special Permit (MPSP) and Site Plan review processes.
- Each component of Legacy Farms is designed to minimize the overall environmental footprint of the Project.
- Legacy Farms consists of a mix of housing types including moderate income apartment homes which will help the Town control future 40 B developments.
- Creating Legacy Farms will aid in the revitalization of the Mezitt family's Weston Nurseries.
- The Legacy Farms MPSP provides several offsite roadway and pedestrian improvements for safer and more efficient travel.
- The MPSP reflects significant water system upgrades including a new Town well.
- The Legacy Farms Private Wastewater Treatment Facility will accommodate the sanitary disposal requirements of both the site and many of its existing neighbors at no cost to the Town.